Wednesday 24 June 2015

Hurry up Tuesday

Tick, tick, tick... Feels like forever we have to wait.

On Tuesday we have our big 12 week scan. At it we find out if the baby has all its internal organs, and if they are working properly. They can tell if the heart has formed properly, if the bowels are working properly, if it is swallowing. They look closely at the nose, and the width of a tube at the back of it's back, this is to see the likely hood of Downes Syndrome, which we already know it's not likely to have.

I've only made it to the 12 week scan once before. Shame, everything was perfect then. But it only lived to 15 weeks (discovered at 17). Strangely, I do consider that pregnancy a success because it had a valid reason for dying. I had contracted toxoplasmosis!

Frustrating, cause not only do most people not know what toxoplasmosis is, most don't know if they're immune, and don't know how to prevent. I had studied up very closely on the topic, and knew I wasn't immune. Everything in my power was done not to contract, yet I still got it. What are the chances? Bad luck.

After speaking with my naturopath I wonder if everything happens for the best. She told me that if the child had lived it could have been effected by the lack of folate it had been getting, causing ADD, or learning difficulties, that type of thing. She said that all the vitamins I'm taking now will have such a positive effect on this pregnancy.

So now I am immune to toxoplasmosis, I'm on methylfolate, taking the right vitamins, organic. Will that be enough?

Fingers crossed.

I'll report in on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment