Sunday 2 August 2015

17 weeks - OMG, it's still alive!

I just can't believe it. 17 weeks and it's still alive. Nearly brings tears to my eyes. Am beginning to think it might work this time. After nearly a decade of trying, we've never been this far.

It was 17 weeks we discovered the death last time :-(

Our doctor said everything looks completely normal. It's heart is the right beat, it's head and measurements the right size, brain developing well - everything. Baby was so big, it's now haunched over inside and they have to measure pieces of it rather than one length.

Can't believe parenthood might be an option for us.

During this time of trying my emotions have shut down, and while we've been doing nothing but IVF, special diets, injections, and visiting doctors for scans over the past six years, I haven't allowed myself to visualise a live baby at the end. Now I feel torn, it brings tears to my eyes - the feeling of allowing myself to hope is frightening. Maybe it's best to stick on autopilot and not think.

Here is the latest scan:


And this scan is too funny, it's of Baby's finger... We spent a while working out what finger it had up, for a moment we thought it was the middle one. Dr said she would have framed it and put it on the wall if that were the case. We all had a good laugh:



2 comments:

  1. Hahaha this is so funny!! I had to laugh and cry at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete