Tuesday 19 May 2015

My DNA Test Results

Yesterday I got my DNA results, and they were extremely revealing.

Firstly, my husband was also found to be homozygous MTHFR, which is significant. My naturopath was happy that she had also put him onto methyl folate and methyl B12 before our IVF incase he was positive. Thank goodness for that.

My results were:
Type 2 Diabetes - High risk for all except 1 gene. 1/7
Inflammation. - High risk for all except 1 gene. 1/3
Food responses - sodium sensitivity, moderately increased risk of celiac disease, reduced Coq10, decreased levels of Omega 3/6
Vitamins - insufficient in all but 1. 1/6
Methylation - high risk in all but 1. 1/6
Choline deficiency
Oxidative stress - high risk in all 3 genes.
Liver detoxification - high risk in all but 1 gene. 1/5

My naturopath said it was no wonder that my body couldn't hold a pregnancy, with my MTHFR, my husbands MTHFR, my poor methylation system, liver function, and also poor ability to absorb vitamins. She said all these things together is a recipe for miscarriage. (Not that there's actually anything wrong with me. I have zero symptoms of any of these things, and a doctor would give me a clean bill of health - it's just based on what my DNA says.)

So I now have all the right vitamins. Fingers crossed this pregnancy continues. If it doesn't, I'm still convinced we are on the right path. We started the vitamins close to egg collection when we should have started them 3 months out from egg collection so that our DNA was right. Anyway, we'll see. I'm feeling nervous about Friday.

The place I got my DNA tested through was Smart DNA in Australia: http://www.smartdna.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment